Please see our current vacancies, if you are interested please get in touch to request an application form or to ask further questions.
VOLUNTEER SESSIONAL LEAD
MAIN PURPOSE AND SCOPE OF THE JOB
- To support the current team with delivery of Relationship and Sex Education (RSE) for adults with learning disabilities. This is a volunteer role but may provide the opportunity for paid employment in the near future.
POSITION IN ORGANISATION
Reports To: The Managing Directors.
Responsible For: Session Delivery.
DUTIES AND KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
Leading Sessional delivery
- Running weekly sessions in line with our core programme.
- Engaging participants with accurate up to date and effective information and skills within the subject matters.
- Reporting to the Directors any safeguarding concerns that arise.
- To attend fortnightly referral meetings to understand the needs of the participants enrolled.
- To attend team meetings as and when required.
- Participate in regular supervision with line manager to ensure safe and efficient practice.
- To engage with support workers with regards to required resources and provide appropriate information for their creation.
- To deliver the Prepare2Shine programme weekly with allocated participants.
- To write up structured sessional notes following delivery.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Good clear communication skills.
- Able to adapt quickly to different situations/Flexible within their approach.
- Non Judgmental approach.
- Approachable and able to build rapport with a variety of people.
- Willing to regularly engage in reflective practice.
- Must be able to work within a fast paced, dynamic environment/team.
- Proactive approach.
- Must have experience working with adults with Learning Disabilities AND/OR Sexual Health.
- Experience of group facilitation.
- Experience of working within a team.
- Must have some knowledge with Sexual Health AND/OR Learning Disabilities, we will provide an in-depth induction.
- Must have knowledge on basic computer skills (Microsoft office and internet)
PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS
- Must be able to commit to 2 set days a week in our office in Fratton (one being a Monday-other may be flexible) 930-3pm.
- Driver non essential.
This is a heading